Our primary objective is to improve senior care and services in assisted living and other settings.
Education, support, planning, research, and mentorship are the means through which we can help each other achieve the care and services our clients deserve.
Our objective is to share expertise and experience to benefit those we serve.
Our new team member John Hanson!
We’re excited to add John Hanson to our Equip Team. John has been a nurse for over thirty years and is wound care certified. He has worked as an assisted living administrator and wellness nurse, giving him extensive compliance experience. John has great interpersonal skills with teams and individuals. His expertise includes training, teaching and motivating teams to achieve their best.
Our new team member Eric Garnett!
We also have Eric Garnett joining our Equip team. He is also a seasoned nurse and administrator. Eric holds degrees in biology and cellular molecular biology with an emphasis in molecular diagnostics. He has served in the Army as a flight nurse, combat rescue nurse, and infantry medic. Eric’s nursing experience includes ICU, trauma, and long term care regulatory compliance. He brings an analytical view and problem-solving approach to facilities that are in distress, as well as those who are doing well but want to do better.
Some Of The Benefits You Will Enjoy Include:
- Experienced trainers
- Cost-effective training
- Retainer options to ensure prompt training in key areas
- Residents Right Specialists
- Flexible scheduling of training to accommodate the needs of your organization and team
- Practical and proven solutions to issues
- Creative approach to meeting your unique needs
- On site training options
- Variety of training modules
- Training and consulting services driven by your unique needs
- Improved quality of care for those you serve
- Well equipped team able to meet the challenges set before them
Lori Sura has a masters degree in Health Care Administration and over 25 years of experience working in a variety of community based care settings including adult day care, adult family homes, community based residential facilities, hospitals, home health, and skilled nursing facilities. Lori’s varied client group experience includes working with older adults, individuals with memory impairment and behavioral challenges, individuals with chronic mental illness, and developmentally disabled adults. In those years, Lori has provided direct care, supported the work of her teams, and provided training and consulting services for other providers.
Frieda Pulkowski has a master’s degree in gerontology and is a Registered Nurse. She earned her Bachelor of Science at UW Madison and is a licensed nursing home administrator. She has over thirty years experience working in long term care and serving clients successfully. She and her teams have completed multiple assisted living and skilled nursing facility turn-around projects. Her background includes emphasis on development of plans of correction and root cause analyses; facilities management, pro-formas; business plan development, lease review, project due diligence, census development and marketing; budgeting; recruitment and retention of top-tier executive talent; creation and implementation of clinical protocols; policy and curriculum development; and training. She has completed multiple start-ups and changes of ownership for assisted living communities from concept through completion. Consultation activities include significant emphasis on regulatory and corporate compliance, quality assurance program development, personal home care agency start-ups, psychiatric hospital regulatory compliance, and frequent public speaking. Experience includes serving as an expert witness in Wisconsin and case review and recommendations for litigation in Wisconsin, Missouri, and Illinois.
Whatever your business is facing, we guarantee to give a fresh perspective. It’s this insight, coupled with innovative, long-term solutions, that helps you meet and exceed the most aggressive company goals and expectations.
What Do Our Clients Have to Say?
The team at Equip Training and Consulting helped us take our company into a new level, their focus on training and compliance showed us the right way to do things and how be prepared for any situation.
Lori actually took the time to meet with our state auditor and explain in detail how they helped our company to become and stay compliant.
The systems implemented by Equip insured that all employee and resident records are kept current and organized, this really helps with compliance and training.
It has been my professional experience that Lori Schlosser of Equip is responsive to her clients needs; knowledgeable of HFS 83 and all applicable regulations and codes. Lori is intelligent and well educated In her ability to provide assistance with regulatory concerns and issues. Lori with Equip is committed to outcome based training, I would highly recommend Lori and Equip to any CBRF or Assisted Living Provider needing assistance with State regulatory issues, Compliance issues or Staff training. Lori is excellent in what she does. – Brenda Carey-Mielke, BA, CM
- State mandated training
- Continuing education
- Policy and procedure development
- Internal investigations
- Plan of correction development
- Training designed to meet your team’s specific needs
- Full assistance with licensing applications
- Compliance: SOD prep and submission, turn-arounds, mock surveys, training
- Consultant on call: many of our clients have opted for a low monthly retainer fee to have the services of seasoned consultants available 24/7 for phone call and email support and consultation
- Start up of assisted living communities: including concept development, funding acquisition, marketing plan and execution, and all phases of operation and maturation of communities
- Training: we have several people on our team who are certified in the DHS-mandated modules of fire safety, first aid and choking, medications, and fire safety
- Policies and procedures: we have thousands of sample policies and procedures in all aspects of assisted living operation. We can also develop customized policies and procedures for providers based on their needs
- Public speaking: our speakers’ bureau receives consistently positive comments and are asked to speak on a variety of topics relevant to long term care
- Dementia training and certification: we are Best Friends Master Trainers and can provide approved training for small or large groups